Monday, March 10, 2014

What a Weekend!

It's been a while since I did a post recapping our weekend. Lately our weekends have consisted mostly of house hunting which doesn't really make for blog friendly material. I've also tried to focus more on being present and less on trying to get good shots and brainstorm blog posts. I still love this little blog, but sometimes I just need to step away and put the blog on the back burner. 

With all of that said, I'm excited to recap our weekend and share some pretty awesome news with y'all!

First things first though. Can we please discuss this weather? I'm not sure about the rest of you, but GA got its act together this weekend! 70 degrees? I'll happily take it. I just need to remember warm weather  = sunscreen. I now have a sunburned face to remind myself of that.


GA Tech sports are not my favorite, but it was nice to spend an afternoon outside watching baseball. I'll give them this, the baseball field is pretty nice. 


After the game we headed to Yogli Mogli for a celebratory treat. Frozen yogurt eaten outside in the sun? I'll take it! 

James was celebrating a GT win, and we were celebrating... {drumroll please}


A HOUSE!!

Yay! We are under contract on a home! We still have a long way to go before it's really ours. I'm trying not to get my hopes up just yet because a lot can happen over the next few weeks. I can't lie though I'm super excited! Prayers that everything works out how it's suppose to are greatly appreciated!

My mom gifted me my very own decorator's bag complete with paint color swatch book and magazines. She always carried one around whenever we went to fabric or home improvement stores. Hers was always overflowing with fabric samples, paint colors, and design ideas. I feel so official having my very own! 

See that beautiful blue and gold binder? I've also started to put together a decorating binder! The house isn't ours yet, but I'm already brainstorming "looks" for each room :) So much for not getting my hopes up.


 Hope you all had a great and hopefully warm weekend!

 photo signature_zpsf929bc8c.png

11 comments:

  1. Wow, that's great news about the house!! I hope everything works smoothly in the next couple weeks! That's an exciting stage of life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was super sweet of your mom! Great idea too for keeping your thoughts organized. Very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORAY! Home ownership is AWESOME. Expensive but so awesome to have place to call yours. A place to decorate and renovate and OWN. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting! Fingers crossed that everything goes well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAYYYY! Taylor that's so exciting! Congrats to you two!! And now I want frozen yogurt. Thanks, girl ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!! I've been wanting to check out the Young House Love book, but haven't had the opportunity yet. Do you like it? Good tips and tricks?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!! I've been meaning to pick up the Young House Love book... Is it good? Great tips and tricks?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh! That is so exciting about your house!! Prayers that is goes smoothly! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fingers crossed (and lots of prayers) for the house! That's so exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for leaving a comment!