Monday, April 14, 2014

Blog Breaks and Babies

Hi! 

Remember me?

It's been a while. Actually, it's been a whole month. I didn't mean to take such a long break, but between work picking up, stress with the house (more on that tomorrow), and simply not feeling inspired to write this blog got put on the back burner. Apologize for the absence, but I'm back now! 

My first friend, Cara, and her sweet husband, Frank, are expecting their first baby this August! This past weekend we celebrated mom-to-be and "Baby E" with an elephant themed baby shower in honor of Cara's favorite animal. 

It's been fun, albeit a bit odd, transitioning from having wedding showers to hosting a baby showers. How did I get old enough to have friends who are having babies?! Love it as long as I'm hosting and not having one... yet.

I'm a bit obsessed with these adorable invitation we used from FrancyShmancyNotes. So perfect!

When guests walked in the door they were greeted with this pretty pink table. "The Giving Tree" was one of my favorite childhood books, and we figured it would be a great guestbook.

In case you didn't know my sister is crazy talented. She sewed 6 adorable elephants that we used to decorate the chandelier. Seriously, could they be any cuter? 

We set up a "Wishes for Baby" station. I found these from StockberryStudio and loved how they matched the invitations. Everyone did a great job of filling them out!

Some of my favorite answers:

"I hope you learn to love UGA football" As if that's even a questions!

"I hope you aren't afraid of wolves" & "I hope you learn not to hit" Great advice from a 6 year old!

"I hope you love cheese dip" Let's be honest. This is key.

"I hope you become just like your momma" <tear>

We also set up a decorating station. We laid out iron on appliques and fabric pens. Everyone decorate either a onesie or a burp rag. Have you ever held up a newborn onesies?! So. Tiny.

I know I'm biased, but I think the one mom, Sis, and I made was the cutest ;)

And no good shower is complete without lots of food! Momma-to-be loves her some goldfish, so of course we couldn't forget those!

Is she not the most precious pregnant person ever?!

 Love you sweet friend and can't wait to meet baby girl in August! Oh, and please move back to GA, Baby doesn't like TX!

 photo signature_zpsf929bc8c.png

5 comments:

  1. I've missed reading your posts...glad you're back! I love onesie decorating stations...they are so personal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS!!!!! Everything about this was perfect!! You were the most wonderful host :) I wish we could spend every weekend together -- complete with sunshine, Fresh Market chicken salad, elephants, and best friends. Love you so, dear friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE IT!!! What a precious shower and what a blessing to her. You are such a great host! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for leaving a comment!