Thursday, June 5, 2014

June Goals

It's been a while since I've done a "goals" post, and I've kinda missed it. 

The reason I quit doing them is pretty pathetic, and I'm almost too embarrassed to share it. Picmonkey quit working because they deemed my computer "ancient." So, I couldn't make my Goals header. I got sad and quit since I couldn't find another photo editing site I liked. Yup, super pathetic. 

Ribbet ended up saving the day. I've always used them to create photo collages and had no idea they could do so much more than that! I'm happy again and back to posting about goals :)

June Goals

1. Spend more time with God: Abide Journal 
I just ordered the Abide 8 week journal from Naptime Diaries. Obviously I won't finish it in June, but my goal is to keep up with it. I'm really excited about this and even more excited to see how God uses it. Hopefully, it will come early next week so I can't get started.

2. Take care of myself: Exercise & walk after dinner
Since getting married I haven't gotten into a good work out routine. It's been pretty sporadic and I'm not a fan. I do so much better with schedules and routines. I also know I feel so much better about myself when I'm working out regularly. My goal for June is to get into a healthy routine and make more time for exercise. Also, James and I went walking after dinner this past week and really enjoyed it. It's good quality time and a great evening activity. 

3. Be intentional with my husband: TV free dinners
We've already started doing a pretty job with this since moving into the house. We're sitting at the table and turning the TV and phones off. I really love being able to talk without the TV as a distraction. I would love to keep this going and have it become part of the nightly routine.

4. Go on an adventure: Anniversary trip
At the end of this month we'll celebrate our 1st anniversary!? Part of me can't believe it's already been a year and the other part of me totally can. We're busy planning an anniversary trip to Nashville. It's one of James' favorite cities and I've never been, so I'm excited for him to show me around. It will be a good chance to get away and celebrate being married a whole year :)

5. Be intentional with others: Spend time with friends
Lately, I haven't done a great job of keeping up with my girlfriends. This month I want to be more intentional about spending time with my friends either on the phone if they are far away or in person. 

Here's to June goals!

 photo signature_zpsf929bc8c.png

6 comments:

  1. i completely agree about walking after dinner! my boyfriend and i do the same & yes - quality time in a great way!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm from near Nashville and have 1,000,000 food recommendations if you want them! Although, you really can't go wrong no matter where you go.
    - Catherine, cgspringer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be incredibly awesome!! I would really appreciate any recommendations you can offer!!

      Delete
  3. My husband and I and now our child all do tv free dinners. It is the BEST THING we can do for ourselves!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fabulous goals!! TV free dinners is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your monthly goals!!! I hope you get to do something fun for you anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for leaving a comment!