Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Easy Artichoke Dip

You'll notice a theme with the recipes I post, they all tend to be easy! If it's not super easy I'm just not going to make it. I've been working longer hours lately {good thing for the bank account not so much for cooking and cleaning}, so it's more difficult for me to make something that takes a long time and needs a lot of attention. This recipe is the perfect appetizer to make for friends who come over, or to bring to dinners. The prep time is really fast, it had just a few ingredients, and it's really good! It may be so good that sometimes I make it just for James and I to devour ourselves.
I doubled this recipe since I made it for Thanksgiving, but the portion size below serves about 4-6 people as an appetizer and 2 if you eating it for dinner :)

The most important step in this recipe is making sure you get as much liquid as possible out of the artichoke hearts! If you don't the dip will end up liquidy and not good. 
First, drain the can, then squeeze as much liquid out of each heart with your hands, and finally press them between paper towels. Give the artichoke hearts a rough chop once all the liquid is gone.

Then, mix everything together in a big bowl and put everything into a backing dish. It's on my list of things to-do to try making this dip a little healthier by using 1/4 cup mayonnaise and 1/4 greek yogurt, but I haven't yet. I'll let you know how it tastes if I ever get around to it.


All warm, bubbly, and ready to eat! Most of the time I let it get more golden brown, but we had hungry Thanksgiving guests who couldn't wait just for food to get prettier. It tasted good none the less!


Easy Artichoke Dip


1 can Artichoke Hearts (whole or quartered)
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese + extra for sprinkling on top
2-3 minced Garlic Cloves
Salt and Pepper to taste

  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
  • Drain the artichoke hearts and press them between paper towels to get as much liquid out of them as possible
  • Roughly chop the artichoke hearts and mix them in a bowl with the mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, minced garlic, salt and pepper
  • Please in a small backing dish and sprinkle the top with extra parmesan cheese
  • Bake for 30-45 minutes or until it's golden brown and bubbling
  • Serve warm with crackers and/or tortilla chips


Hope y'all enjoy!

 photo signature_zpsf929bc8c.png

3 comments:

  1. This looks DIVINE, and I swear spinach and artichoke dip is a favorite of both Ryan and mine. I'll definitely be "borrowing" this recipe, girl! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds amazing!! I'll have to try this recipe soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for leaving a comment!