Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Yummy Drink Recipe

Y'all, I may be the worst secret keeper ever! I just get too excited and want everyone else to be excited with me! Case in point: I bought a present for James back in July and I wanted to give it to him right then so he could be so excited with me! I had to wrap it in Christmas paper and hid it from myself. It's under the tree now, but it taunts me everyday. 
Want another example? I promised myself I wouldn't post this drink recipe until after Christmas because it's part of a present for my mom. Well, the awful secret keeper strikes again because I just can't wait! So, mom if you're reading this, even though you promised not to, stop!


I lived in Charleston for two and a half years while attending the College of Charleston. Not only is it the greatest city ever, but it also has incredible restaurants. One of those restaurants is Cypress. It's been a while since I've eaten there, and even though I'm sure the food is incredible I can't remember because everything is overshadowed by their Lavender Martini! Seriously, my favorite drink ever; lavender and vanilla go together perfectly. After we found dried lavender, James surprised me and researched the exact recipe Cypress uses, and because I love y'all I have to share it with you too!
This is a super easy drink recipe if you have all the ingredients; however, it can be difficult finding lavender. We found it in a little local store, but it also looks like you may be able to find it at Whole Foods, on Amazon, or you can dry it yourself. If you've never tried Lavender it's unique. It's hard to describe how lavender tastes other than to say it tastes how it smells in a really good way. You can read more about it here if you're unsure, but still curious.

Lavender Martini

Recipe from Food&Wine

Ice
1 1/2 oz. Vanilla Vodka
1/2 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
1/4 oz. Lavender Syrup*
        3 oz. Simple Syrup
        2 tsp. Dried Lavender
         
    • Start by making the simple syrup: 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar. Bring sugar and water to a boil, simmer until the sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let it cool completely. Can store in refrigerator for up to 1 month.
    • Make the Lavender Syrup: In a small saucepan, heat the Simple Syrup (3 oz). Add the dried lavender (2 tsp), then remove from the heat. Let cool, strain and refrigerate, covered, for up to 5 days.
    • Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the vodka, lemon juice and Lavender Syrup and shake well. Strain into a chilled martini glass. *James made my drink with 3/4 oz. of the lavender syrup because I'm obsessed
    • Serve and Enjoy!
Have you tried lavender before? What other flavors do you like in drinks?

 photo signature_zpsf929bc8c.png

4 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! A co-worker of mine gave me some lavender infused sugar before - I used it in a chocolate cake and it was the perfect addition.
    - Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of some fun drinks using lavender! I've got to try this now! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend of mine owns a restaurant and their signature drink is their lavender lemonade...it's to die for! I'll definitely need to try this for NYE with friends and loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! I can't wait to try it! I love all things lavendar!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for leaving a comment!