Is it weird that the husband and I jokingly yell this at each other at least once a week? Probably, but I'm betting you do weird things too. Plus, that title sounded better than: "Things you may not know about me just from reading the blog." Plus, I was working on this post when Jenni from Frankly My Dear nominated me for the Liebester Award! I thought I'd combine the two posts and fill y'all in on some things you may not know.
The Liebester Award is a series where bloggers who have under 200 followers are nominated by other bloggers to share more about themselves and meet fellow bloggers.
11 Random Facts About Me
- In my "for real life" I'm a counselor. I have my masters in Marriage and Family Therapy. I specialize in working with clients who struggle with eating disorders and addictions. It's no walk in the park, but most days I love my job and the people I work with. This made me laughed out loud. No, my clients don't lay on couches. Through some have tried.
- I hate bananas. Like deep deep hatred. I can't stand the taste, texture, or smell. I can't even be in the same room as someone who is eating a banana.
- I use to be a preschool teacher. For six months in between graduating college and starting grad school I worked as a Pre-K teacher. I loved it! My sweet little babies were adorable and I have some great stories!
- I can't dance but the husband and I make up dance moves all the time. We have a "happy dance," a "birthday dance," and a "New Years dance." Essentially they are the same dance move with minor modifications. Sometimes we're mean and make people dance with us. "Birthday Dance"
- I don't think it comes across here, but in real life I'm super sassy! The husband will be the first to tell you I've got some serious sass in me :)
- I could eat tacos every night of the week. We're constantly looking for new fun taco places. If you know of any please share!
- I still sleep with my childhood safety "blanket." It's actually a pillow and the longest I've ever gone without sleeping with it was when I was in Costa Rica for 6 weeks.
- Big groups of people make me uncomfortable. I can be super awkward, so I prefer small groups of people I know.
- I'm allergic to pineapple. I ate a ton of it once and my face swelled up and itched like crazy. I was in another country. It was awful!
- I got made fun of for being "too pale" in 6th grade. I'm still self-conscious about my skin color.
- I don't really know how to dress myself. More often than not my mom and sister help me pick out clothes. Following fashion bloggers has really helped me learn how to dress.
11 Questions from Jenni at Frankly My Dear
1. What is your dream job & why?
I love my job, but my dream job would be a photographer. I love love love taking pictures!
2. If you could travel any where in the world where would it be?
Greece or anywhere in Europe really. I've always wanted to go there!
2. What is one thing you would change about yourself?
That I didn't care so much what other people think of me.
4. What's your biggest goal in life?
To be a mom :) Not yet! But hopefully one day.
5. If you could be any character in a book or movie, who would it be?
Anne from Anne of Green Gables
6. What is your favorite food?
Mac & Cheese and tacos. I'm 5 years old at heart.
7. Where/What is your "happy place"?
Beach, river, water fall, or lake. If I'm anywhere near water I'm good!
8. What's your most prized possession?
Wedding rings. Love everything they symbolize.
9. If you could meet anyone in the world (dead or aline) who would it be?
My dad's dad. He died when my dad was only 10, and I've always wanted to meet him.
10. What is one thing you cannot leave the house without?
Cell phone. It's a problem.
11. Top reason for blogging?
Meeting new people! I initially started blogging to document our new life. Now, my favorite thing is meeting new people and forming new friendships!
11 Questions from Me to You!
- What's your favorite favorite quality about yourself?
- What's your favorite TV show?
- If you could travel anywhere in the US where would it be?
- If you could learn one hobby/skill what would be & why?
- What's your #1 must have makeup product?
- What's your go to outfit of choice?
- What do you keep in your purse?
- What would your dream meal consist of?
- What's your dream job & why?
- Favorite thing to do for exercise?
- Favorite thing about blogging?
My Five Nominees Love these girls!