Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Wedding Wednesday: Getting Ready









 I was hoping to have just one post about our wedding; however, that's just not gonna happen. 
There is just too much I love and would feel bad about leaving out.

With that said, let's begin with the venue.
 I really wanted to get married on a farm, but being from Atlanta I didn't think it would be an option. Trees and concrete don't really scream "rustic farm wedding." After lots of looking and a few lots of tears we randomly came across Neverland Farms. By this point I was so fed up with wedding venues that I told my mom and sister to go see it and if it looked good "just book it!"
Famous last words. James and I ended up with a wedding venue without even seeing a picture! As you can see though, mom and sis did real good. It was everything we wanted but didn't think we could have.


The dress.
I dreaded wedding dress shopping. In fact I put it off as long as possible. However, the whole experience ended up being a piece of cake and I'd even go as far as to call it fun! The first dress I tried on just happened to be the one! It was everything I never wanted but ended up loving.
Plus, it had pockets and, let's be honest, life is better with pockets!


MOB: I love her. She's beautiful!


Amy and Brandon had to remind me over and over again to smile! 
Apparently I'm very serious :)


Meet my lovely bridesmaids. They kept me calm and sane!
See the little one in front? That's my sweet cousin Hannah Grace!
The one behind her? That's Cara. She's my first friend.
You should know Sis by now.
The one laughing in the back? That's Jessie. Best sister-in-law ever!
And the one in the very back? That's Jess. I didn't have to worry about my dress because she worried for me and kept it from getting dirty!
The two  on the right are Kierstyn and Becca. They both make my life a lot more fun!



Love this picture! So sweet. 


My sister/maid of honor made all the bridesmaids earrings and necklaces. I thought it was a good way to tie the coral and turquoise together.


The lace around my flowers is from my mom's wedding dress and the broach is my grandmother's.


James and I exchanged gifts and letters. He got me a beautiful bracelet and I got him a watch.

I know I'm biased, but I think they are a good looking group guys!


James and I didn't have a first look, but I did do one with my dad.
It was such a sweet moment. He told me I was beautiful. My heart soared.


That's all for now!

*All the photographs were taken by Amy Arrington Photography*

4 comments:

  1. Your wedding was so sweet! I love all your little details! My wedding dress was the first dress I tried on too! When you know you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your dress is so pretty, and I love your bouquet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is the perfect southern wedding!!! happy to find another GA blogger & congrats :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for leaving a comment!